FaceBook
Also visit my main blog...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jazz & Bossa Nova By Olivia Ong

Olivia Ong (王俪婷) is a Chinese Singaporean singer, born 1985. She sings mostly in English but developed her career singing in English until she further her study in Japan and she set up her own J-Pop band known as Mirai.

Throughout the years of her singing, her beautiful voice and skillful singing not only captivated the audience in Japan, she is also a highly adored singer in Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and others.

Recently in year 2010 March, her album known as 'OLIVIA' is released under HIM music. Most of the songs are in the Jazz and Bossa Nova genre. If you love these genre, I think you gonna love all the songs in her album.


I was on the way back from Kuala Lumpur towards Kuantan and I was searching for some radio FM to listen. While doing so, my search ended by her song 'You And Me'. I didn't know what radio station was that but what I remember was that it was a Chinese speaking radio station. This song is particularly good because firstly, I always love Bossa Nova and secondly, unlike any other Chinese singers who sing English songs, her pronunciation is very clean and clear. Her style of singing somehow reminds me of Reifu. Click here to listen to Olivia Ong's You And Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment